The Adriacell technology platform allows for the selection of large molecules for intracellular applications.
With Adriacell technology it is possible to transport macromolecules inside of the cells which potentiate new target specificities. Adriacell has developed the knowledge for the application in vivo of these molecules in a whole body context. These developments are expected to go beyond current mAb (monoclonal Antibody) technology.
This technology has brought about the class of CROMOC molecules proprietary to Adriacell. Their mode of action is as follows:
- CROMOC finds multiple Targets on the Cell Surface (surface receptors)
- CROMOC transduces inside the cell - intracellular uptake of CROMOC is based on a natural principle
- CROMOC is transported inside the cell to target locations (e.g. nucleus)
- CROMOC import function is increased by growth signals
- CROMOC introduces DNA double strand breaks - strongly proliferating cells have a loosely packed chromatin structure - selectively attacked by CROMOC.